The Integrated Service for Children with Additional Needs
Welcome to the Integrated Service for Children with Additional Needs (ISCAN). We are an Integrated Service comprising of Health and Social Care staff who offer treatment and support to young people with an additional need and / or complex health need.
About Our Service
ISCAN is a community service and we work from a range of sites across Tameside and Glossop. We offer assessments and treatment in a variety of places including local clinics, nurseries, special and mainstream schools and young people’s homes. We work closely with families and other professionals to support young people to achieve their potential in all aspects of their life.
What can we offer?
- Our aim is to offer a coordinated family focused service to enable young people to achieve their potential regardless of their level of additional need.
- We work together to offer assessment, advice and treatment for young people with a range of difficulties.
- We put the young person and their family at the heart of our service so that their opinions are listened to.
- We offer training to other professionals and staff who come in to contact with the young person.
- We are up-to-date with current research to ensure that young people receive the most effective intervention.
- We can also offer bespoke packages to schools beyond the local offer through a Service Level Agreement.
- We provide a range of Nursing, Therapeutic, Behavioral and Social Care interventions.
Who are we?
The ISCAN team is made up of different professionals who can help support your child. Our team includes:
- The Child and Adolescent Behaviour Support Team (CABS)
- Community Occupational Therapists
- Complex Needs Nurses
- Occupational Therapists
- Portage Workers
- Speech and Language Therapists
- Therapy Team Assistants and Nursery Nurses
We also work closely with:
- The Multi-Agency Autism Assessment Team (MAAT)
Our service consists of:
- HCPC Registered Children’s Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists, some of whom are Bobath trained.
- HCPC Registered Speech and Language Therapists some of whom are also dysphagia trained (assess and develop safe eating and drinking skills).
- State Registered Children’s Complex Needs Nurses.
- HCPC Registered Complex Needs Dieticians.
- State Registered Child and Adolescent Behavioural Nurses.
- Portage workers.
- Therapy Team Assistants and Nursery Nurses who support the delivery of therapy intervention and individual programmes.
The Service has been recognised nationally and won the Child Health Section of the Nursing Times Award in 2009.
Who to refer
Any child or young person aged between 0 and 19 who requires input from any of the above services. The child or young person must have a G.P. within the Tameside and Glossop area.
How to refer
We are an open referral service and consider referrals from both families and professionals using our ISCAN referral form.
Before your visit
- You will receive a letter from the service with details of your appointment.
- We may ask you to contact the team to agree an appointment that is convenient for you. We call this opting in. If you do not opt in your child may be discharged without being offered an assessment.
- It would be helpful if you have details of any other professionals involved with your child.
- Think about questions you would like to ask and also what are you, your family’s and your young person’s main concerns.
During your visit
- We will work together with you to enable you to feel confident and competent to manage your child’s needs. A co–ordinated care plan will be developed, if necessary.
After your visit
- Your child’s progress and targets will be set. These will be reviewed by the relevant professionals involved and the care plan will be updated as needed.
- We may sign post you to other services which will be able to offer support to you and your young person.
Useful Contact Information - (local offer)
How to contact us
Integrated Service for Children with Additional Needs (ISCAN)
Rowan House, Grange Road South, Hyde SK14 5NU
Telephone: 0161 3662050
Rowan House Opening Times
We are open from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday excluding public holidays. We have an answer machine for you to leave a message outside of these times.